What is Smallcase Zerodha? How to Invest in 2022?
Updated: Jul 6, 2022
Bengaluru-based technology firm smallcase revolutionized the investment methods to invest in stocks, bonds, commodities by allowing investors to choose from professionally tailored products.
Currently, it is supported by 12 brokers – Zerodha, Upstox, 5paisa, Alice Blue, Angel Broking, Axis Direct, HDFC Securities, Kotak Securities, Edelweiss, IIFL Sec, Motilal Oswal, and Trustline.
What is Smallcase Zerodha?
According to smallcase, it is a 'basket of stocks that reflects an idea.' It allows the users to buy multiple stocks in one click, create a SIP, track them and create their own smallcase.
For example, COVID-19 created significant havoc in the world and bought many changes in our lifestyle.
So an investor thinks this impact will last for another 2-3 years, people are taking precautions for their health, and hence the pharma sector will see tremendous growth.
Then instead of searching for good stocks within the pharma sector, he can directly invest in 'Pharma Tracker,' a product that invests in 10 pharma and life science companies.
An investor can invest with a minimum of Rs. 35,220, and the funds will be allocated to buy the shares with the predefined weightage. This product has given a 13.88% CAGR (returns on an average every year since Apr 4, 2016).
Smallcase has its own research team and takes experts' help to build the products on various concepts. These products are reviewed every month and rebalanced if there is a need.
How to Invest Using Smallcase?
It is effortless to find low-cost, diversified, and robust investment products with smallcase.
Below are the 7 steps to invest using smallcase:
An investor should have an account with Zerodha, Upstox, 5paisa, Alice Blue, Angel Broking, Axis Direct, HDFC Securities, Kotak Securities, Edelweiss, IIFL Sec, Motilal Oswal, and Trustline. If a person doesn't have an account with any of these brokers, he will not use the smallcase.
Visit the small case website, select your broker, and log in using the credentials provided by the broker.
Go through with different products offered by smallcase in the "Discover" tab. For example, 'Equity and Gold' is a smallcase product with a CAGR of 17.44%, and the minimum amount required to invest is only Rs.239. This product aims to create wealth using equities but opts for protection with gold. Similarly, an investor picks any smallcase product based on his ideas and requirement.
One can use the existing smallcase products or can create their own personalized smallcase.
Once the smallcase product is finalized, a payment gateway appears. The current price and weight of the stocks will decide the minimum amount an investor shall pay for the smallcase product.
After the payment, buy orders will be placed in your broker platform through API integration. One can verify the orders in their broker terminal.
At any point in time, an investor can close his smallcase investments in the same method.
Popular Smallcase Products
There are different varieties of smallcase products available. However, below are some of the popular products which provided an attractive CAGR.
1 – All Weather Investing
It is one of the popular smallcase products among investors. It is a low volatility product with a CAGR of 12.51%, and the minimum investment amount is only Rs.4,154. Moreover, it allocates funds across equity, gold, and debt, and hence imbalance in one area will be compensated by the other areas.
2 – Equity and Gold
It is another popular product among investors. It is also a low volatility product with a CAGR of 17.44%, and what makes this product attractive is that the minimum investment amount is only Rs.241.
It allocates 30% of the fund in Gold ETF and the remaining 70% in Equity ETF.
3 – Growth at a Fair Price
It is suitable for investors who are ready to take higher risks. It is a high volatility product with a CAGR of 16.01%, and the minimum investment amount is Rs.10,761. Moreover, it allocates funds across different stocks, as shown in the above image.
4 – Dividend Stars
This product is for any investor who expects some constant dividends every year. It consists of some stocks with a track record of not cutting dividends every year.
It is a medium volatility product with a CAGR of 24.50%, and the minimum investment amount is Rs.22,967.